Start off the New Year with Resolutions for a safer 2015:
- I will not use my mobile device while driving: It’s time to put your phone down while driving. No message is more important than someone’s life.
- I will look all ways when turning in my vehicle: More than half of fatal incidents at intersections occurred when the pedestrian had the right of way or was waiting at a sidewalk or media. Take extra caution when turning and make eye contact with pedestrians, you might just save a life.
- I will respect cyclists on the road: Give cyclists at least half a car’s width of space and check for cyclists before turning and opening your car door.
- I will look out for motorcycles: Don’t follow a motorcycle too closely. Allow enough room to provide the motorcyclists with an outlet in case they have to make an emergency move.
- I will become less attached to my phone: With eyes up and phones down many of pedestrians would have escaped injury or death.
- I will not get behind the wheel when impaired by drugs or alcohol: Since consequences for drinking and driving have become harsher in BC, automobile crashes have declined by 21%.
- I will be extra vigilant when driving near schools: Keep young students safe by slowing to 30-km/h and stopping for school buses when their lights are flashing.
Have a safe and happy 2015!
For More Information:
- New Year's Resolutions, Slater Vecchio Connected